Verbatum transcript:
ME: Anne?
Anne: Mom. My water broke. We are on our way to the hospital.
Me: I'm on my way. I'll meet you there!
Anne: Okay.
By 12:28 pm, I was not only parked at Women's and Children's, I was upstairs in the waiting room. Tim wheeled Anne through the waiting room a little after 1 pm.
Just before 1:30 pm, Tim emerged from the delivery room beaming as he announced, "The doctors are about to deliver the babies."
Back to the Delivery Room to be with the Mommie-to-be!
At just about 3:26 pm, escorted by their very proud and excited daddy, Tim marched in front of the babies in their little plexiglass cart as they were being wheeled down to NICU.
I got to see my little darlings for the first time. They were fine little babies! Little being the key word in the statement! Tim's enthusiasm was especially exciting!! I'd never experienced a father of newborns excited like this!
Baby Girl Ryan (no decision on whether to name the baby girl Ella Lucille or Avery Kathryn but named Avery Kathryn before leaving W&C!)
Baby Boy Ryan was immediately Riggs Trey!!
The Mommie would be a couple more hours in Recovery before settling into her room. She was tired and in need of rest. Little did she know how much rest she should have taken when she had the chance.
Four months ago today! Seems in the same moment that it has been forever and then, just a a blink ago!! I guess that is how our mind sort of organizes those experiences that are so precious to us so that we don't become overwhelmed with emotion. It has been a very busy time and then, one filled with so much joy seeing Avery and Riggs as they continue to grow! Dearie's Darlings forever!!
What a special day this Mother's Day will be! Anne gets to celebrate her first one!
No comments:
Post a Comment