Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cinco de Mayo PHOOEY! My Oh de Binkie por Avery!!!

Avery Kathryn and Riggs Trey have a cold (at least, that's what we think they have!). The day began with Aunt Eryn working out of Daddy's office (since he's in Bal'more this week!) so that Mommie wouldn't be alone with the babies . . . and, Dearie was going to work at her office so she could finish up her end-of-the-semester projects. Well, that's just not quite how the day came together. Mommie called Dearie at 9:45 and said, "when can you come to the house?" I tidied up what I could and rushed out to 107 for 10:30.

When I arrived, it was just about feeding time. That went well for both babies. Once they were down for playtime, I got busy cleaning the panes of glass on the doors leading out to the patio. All was well. THEN, Eryn had to leave. THEN, it was time to put the babies down for the big nap. THEN, Mommie had to run some errands. I kept right on cleaning glass, toting the baby monitor with me.

I heard Avery Kathryn stirring. I washed my hands and went to the nursery. There she was, lying on her back and talking to the angels. All was well, I thought. THEN, when I looked for her baumbie so that I could put it back in her mouth . . . it wasn't anywhere to be found! That is, until I looked at her right hand. IT WAS A FIRST AND I GOT TO BE THERE FOR THE MOMENT!! She had managed to get her baumbie in her hand and was quite pleased with the fact that she could put it in her mouth and take it out all by herself! I ran to find Mommie's camera but she'd moved it from the coffee table so, I pulled my little pocket camera out of my purse and dashed back to the nursery . . . hoping the moment would last long enough for the photo op!! It did . . . and then some!



We had to change our panties 'cause we like clean, dry panties all the time. She didn't let go of the baumbie!!



See Dearie, I can put the baumbie in my mouth all by myself!!



Wanna a bite of the baumbie Dearie? Just teasing you Dearie, it's mine!!!!

Pleased with all the praise she was receiving for being such a "big" girl, she held tight to the baumbie until she went back to sleep!! She didn't grasp it again yesterday but I'm sure she'll remember what she did today or tomorrow so that she can begin the process of building her own little neural network of things she KNOWS how to do!

Yep, gals catch on a little more quickly than the fellas!! I think its just a matter of self-sufficiency 'cause the fellas instinctively know they will end up having to do everything anyway!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment