Sunday, January 17, 2010

Just another Sunday afternoon . . .

I had read about the pooptastrophes and other major incidents at home while scanning through FaceBook! Surely I could fold clothes or entertain my Darlings so off I went to help. It was just about time for lunch when I arrived . . . Avery and Riggs were actively playing in the living room all the while Daddy was sterilizing the kitchen and living room and Mommie was working her way through a daunting amount of laundry. Mommie hadn't had time (since Thursday) to even wash her hair (and for those of us who know and love Mommie, that is a record!!).

Once the chores were laid out, mine was to feed my Darlings. I would like to mention here that Mommie had prefaced my chore with "and Avery will need to nap right after lunch." Riggs had a good nap this morning so he will want to play." Sounded reasonable to me!

Mommie had prepared red bans and rice (my Darlings LOVE this, thanks to Aunt B!) but no meal would happen until they'd eaten their fruit. I cut up banana and added the cut fruit from the fridge to it. Avery was more than happy to have fruit; Riggs, not so much. He obviously doesn't like the way it feels in his hand OR tastes on his tongue 'cause he would have none of it. So, while the beans and rice cooled, I added cheese to the mix . . . Riggs likes cheese!

Having gone through two bowls of red beans and rice each, I gave the Darlings their juice bottle. Throughout lunch, Avery and Riggs would take turns squealing that it was THEIR turn to get a spoonful however, Avery was much more demonstrative! Once Avery grabbed her juice baumbie she closed her eyes, sitting in her high chair, and feel asleep . . . INSTANTLY!

I cleaned Riggs and put him in the living room to play with the toy daddy had modified for them and cleaned Avery's face (never woke up!) and put her in her crib. She slept for almost three hours!!!! Riggs and I folded a load of clothes and then played chase throughout the house. I'd let him get almost out of view and then I'd get over to him and squeal . . . he would start laughing and then, take off again. Delighted with being an "only," we had a lot of fun together.

Taunt Clair arrived. Riggs had fun with her until it was nap time. He went down and Avery woke. Avery wanted to read Gossie and Gertie . . . while she held the book, Daddy recited the lines of the book from memory (all the while, across the room from Avery and the book!). Mommie had showered and done her hair so she was definitely a happy girl! Taunte Clair wrote in the fronts of the six books she'd given the Darlings for their first birthday.

Big news of the day? Taunte Clair had given Mommie (for her birthday) the porcelain go cup she'd been coveting since Christmas Day! What a day!

I left with Mommie's new jeans . . . they need to be repaired. All in all, I'd say it was a good day with my Darlings. I am looking forward to February when Deaire, Nana and PopPop get to team tag them while Mommie and Daddy are off to Cabo! Fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment