The babies were comfortably situated in their "play area" in the living room and clearly, dressed for dinner (which means, a diaper and a bib with NOTHING else on! Mommie and Daddy agree that the investments they've made in Pampers and wipes are sufficient, there's no need to get into the stain removal sector of the market . . . at least, not now!)
Right off, I noted that Avery -- with her plethora of girlie clothing -- was in the bib I bought a while back for Riggs, "Mane Man." I think a corner's been turned in dressing her. No more fuss about bibs matching the outfit, none of that. Face it, Avery can go through a dozen and a half bibs in one day what with her reflux! Whatever is clean AND handy will do just fine!!
As Mommie plays the belly buckle game, Avery is trying her best to pose for a picture but just can't seem to get over the troublesome task of paying attention to two things she enjoys at the same time!!
Now able to roll over when she wants to, Avery struck this pose (and actually held it for several shots on the camera) and was trying to instruct me in her newly discovered language! Coohing aside, she is now bold and emphatic with her utterances . . . I'm certain she knows exactly what she's communicating though I am at a loss to do anything other than mimic her. I guess that's how babies train us! I think she's telling me how cute she is . . . restating the obvious.
Riggs can handle two activities of interest simultaneously, Baby Einstein AND standing / sitting / bouncing on Mommie! Lacking sound, I will tell you that Riggs was demonstrating his new vocal abilities and was delighted with it all . . . yet, all the while, he kept his eyes fixed on Baby Einstein!
Standing,
Sitting,
Bouncing!!
Once Mommie and the twins are in the play area, getting down to their level is trick 'cause there's only the one opening available so, on my tummy with camera in hand, I'm ready to record some more history with my darlings!
Riggs has noticed something . . . will investigate further.
"Oh yea Dearie, I noticed you don't wear those shiney things on your ears anymore but the do-dahs you have on your face . . . very interesting! Look! I think I can pull them off with one hand!"
"for closer inspection, if you don't mind Dearie!"
"Now, these things are easy enough for me to handle . . . do you think I could teethe on this for a while?" Truly makes me wonder why I donated my last pair of glasses to the Lion's Club? Not that I'd have given Riggs the glasses but, I should have kept a spare pair on the off chance that he breaks the only ones I have left!! I quit wearing necklaces when the babies started tugging on them. Gave up earrings just this past Monday when Riggs decided he'd like to yank that shiney thing out of my ear. Maybe its time to reconsider contacts?? "NO" has no meaning yet and I don't know what else to do?
With my glasses back on my face, I thought Riggs might enjoy one of those little "puff" thingies!
"Remember Dearie, I eat / drink only what I need. I do not need these yucky puff things!"
Nearing time for dinner, Avery has a round of music bongos! Lights, sounds, action! That's Dearie's Darlings!! Simply darling!
No comments:
Post a Comment