Of sleep, that is!When I arrived at 107 on Friday afternoon, Aunt Angie was engaged in keeping Avery and Riggs up and entertained until the 6 pm feeding . . . but since it was only a little after 4 in the afternoon I had plenty of time to play with my Darlings! Mommie was busy getting ready for Auntie's big 30th birthday bash (set to begin around 6:30 that night, so I'm thinking here . . . Anne believes LOTS O' TIME is required for primping aprés bebes!)
Aunt Angie left, Mommie primped herself to the nines emerging into the living room wearing white jeans and jacket, (hair perfectly straight and war paint fit for any celebration!) while Daddy was finishing up his first round in the Evnageline Four Ball (he'd have to shower at Oakbourne so as not to be late for Auntie's big z'affair!!).
In less than 30 seconds, I was told that Avery needed 2 ml of one medicine and .04 ml of another. No other instructions required since I'd pretty much done this on my own many years ago! (Baby habits may vary but caring for a baby is still the same as it was when my darlings were babies!!) I'd carefully considered just how I'd tend my precious darlings!!!
While Anne modified (daily) the timing set forth in Twelve Weeks to Twelve Hours, my notion was that it was just easier to follow the timeline! I didn't have a qualm at all . . . after all, I'm a good sleeper and these are my grandchildren so surely they are good sleepers!!!
The evening was exciting and filled with all sorts of play, including reading, Baby Einstein on tv, my friend, Joan, coming to visit. Needless to say, the babies were fast asleep in their respective cribs by 10 pm. When Tim and Anne returned home, Joan left but my REAL responsibility was just beginning . . . the parents needed all the undisturbed sleep they could get (in part for recovery from the evening's folly!) so that Tim would be ready for his tee time on Saturday morning and Anne would be able to function through the day (her lists are never-ending . . . living proof of infinity!).
I was in bed, asleep, by 11:30 pm. Riggs stirred at about 4:10 but only needed his baumbie to quiet down and sleep soundly. At 6:30 am, my precious little darlings gladly exchanged their 3.5 pound wee-wee diapers for dry ones and were quickly ready for the wet baumbies (which I'd made at 6:15 in anticipation of their awakening!). Perfect little angels. I'd managed to get their laundry tended the night before (Riggs really likes the crackling sound when I flip a Dearie wrap in the air . . . I'm thinking Avery may need to watch out as Riggs may recognize early on that a hand towel pulled on diagonal corners can make a sound very similar, especially when it's popped against a hiney butt!!).
Then, it was back to sewing. Thank goodness the cribs and rocker are store bought 'cause little else in their nursery is anything but fashioned by hand (i.e., homemade!).
No comments:
Post a Comment