The outing was specific, well planned and perfectly (well, almost) executed. We drove to Houma to visit Aunt Kelly and her precious baby boy, Ryker. Every element of the trip had been carefully planned (and timed) so that Avery and Riggs would enjoy the whole day!
Once the Tahoe was loaded, we hit the road. The decision for the best way to access the highway hinged on where Anne would be able to get her chai! Once that fete was accomplished, we had the next delay, a pottie break for Avery. After she had her clean, dry panties we were finally on the road!
[Anne had figured out a way to attach the bombi clips to the bombies the night before. I'm still trying to figure that one out . . . when the bombi falls out of the mouth, it may be a little more "findable" but by no means does the attachment aid either of the babies in putting it back in their own mouth!]
Everyone situated: Anne was driving, the babies were secured in their respective car seats (facing their headrest mounted mirrors useful for both their entertainment AND providing Anne with the ability to keep an eye on them using the rear view mirror!) and I, in the front passenger seat. Noting the only discomfort for me was the lack of foot space due to the positioning of the ice chest. Otherwise, all was as expected and I was prepared to simply enjoy the drive!
Thank goodness Tim had set up the jump seat prior to our leaving Lafayette! I decided that it might be easier just to sit on the jump in case either Avery or Riggs needed something more than a soothing word. Well, at 56, I don't often think of crawling in and around tight spaces . . . well, perhaps I'd consider doing that if I'd dropped one of my diamond earrings, but I can assure you, following the workout I had yesterday as I climbed, laced, and squeezed from the jump seat through the back seat (which has no seat between the babies' car seats) to the front seat (without so much as a part of my body touching any human being in the car!) . . . suffice to say, I'm closer than I ever imagined to being in shape to audition for Cirque de Soleil and I'd be a shoe in for any contortionist competitions!!
The babies loved the drive . . . both legs of it. My legs (mostly hip and knee joints) are still a tad sore from the drive home as I had to sit where there was no seat! But, the day was a good one filled with sharing . . . Aunt Kelly and Lovie enjoyed sharing Ryker with us while Avery, Riggs and Ryker were p-e-r-f-e-c-t little angels! The babies smiled, coohed, flailed arms and kicked legs and made the day more than worthwhile, it was simply memorable!
More later!
No comments:
Post a Comment