1. If I cry, I want something. It is a guessing game for you because you have to figure out whether I have a wet / dirty diaper, want a bottle, am uncomfortable in the tummy, or simply need eye candy. This rule keeps you on your toes 'cause it makes you think your way through a check-list. You will learn to do this quickly because my cry can get very loud and give you a headache.
2. If I smile and cooh when you are around, it is because I like to smile and cooh. I might want to mimick you but I am my own little person. What I do is for my personal pleasure and growth. You are already grown. You can tell me how tickled you are to be witnessing what I do but I am probably not doing it just for you!
3. When you feed me remember that the food is only borrowed. It moves through me at the speed of light. Don't think that after the last burp you are free to plop me in a swing and forget about my bottom side. Otherwise, I'm going to need remind you of Rule #1.
4. If I am looking at something (other than you) it is because my eyes always want to be busy. Don't obstruct my view! I like to see you because it is comforting to know you are near but, my world is filled with all sorts of things that are new and interesting. Give me a chance to see 'em, okay?
5. If you are in a hurry to tend me, I'm going to know it. I will put you through the paces of Rule #1. That will slow you down. I don't like to be rushed.
So far, these are the only rules I've been able to figure out on my own. I'm going to keep working on it though.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment